CRACKBERRYRANTZ

YOU ARE NOW FREE TO RANT ABOUT ANYTHING

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Congratulations! You've Lost Another Customer


This morning I decided to give the fruit stand on my walk to the subway a shot and buy a nectarine. Keep in mind I pass this stand every day but am reluctant to buy due to my shear aggravation of the congestion it causes in the middle of the sidewalk. As a first time (and last time) customer I was quick to pick up that the stand manager was a very rude individual and the prices are inflated (almost double of the prices in the Village Farm next door to my apartment).

Either way I figured what the heck I'll get a piece of fruit, how bad can it be? It be bad man. It was the single worst piece of fruit I have ever eaten, it was like sinking my teeth into a rubber bouncie ball that had been soaking in Lysol Citrus Scent overnight and it was so dry it was an hour shy of becoming potpourri.

When I got to work and verbalized my frustration regarding this situation an optimistic co-worker offered her unnecessary opinion and told me that nectarines are out of season right now. I'm sorry but I didn't graduate from Culinary Fruit Harvesting Community College and if they are not in season then the D-Bag stand manager shouldn't be selling them.

No comments: